Brussels sprouts are loved and loathed. You love them or hate them. Once you have tried them this way, you will be the biggest fan.
350 g Brussels sprouts, washed and cut in halves
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons honey
Coarse salt and freshly ground, black pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
Place the Brussels sprouts on a baking dish.
Combine the rest of the ingredients. Drizzle the mix over the sprouts and toss well. Spread the sprout halves evenly on the dish.
Roast for 20-25 min, until the sprouts are browned and have crispy edges. Correct the seasoning if needed. Serve immediately.
You can certainly give this basic recipe a special twist according to your mood. Check these suggestions:
· Instead of honey, use maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, or orange juice.
· As a side of Middle Eastern dishes, use Za’atar.
· As a side of an Asian meal, add grated ginger and sesame seeds.
· Cinnamon and/or nutmeg are always perfect during the festive season.
· Consider adding cranberries and/or pine nuts.
2 thoughts on “Roasted Brussels Sprouts”
Woww ! Easy and wonderful!!! I will do it this weekend!!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Me cuentas qué tal te salieron!